Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving

Last week in Egg we celebrated our own family Thanksgiving. It's the first 'Thanksgiving' meal that I've prepared, and I say Thanksgiving in quotes because there was no turkey. Turkey is SUPER expensive here, so we had pork chops instead :). Since I had just come from the US, I brought some American treats such as pumpkin pie filling (difficult to find here), jello, and stuffing for our Thanksgiving celebration. I spent most of the afternoon cooking our modest Thanksgiving dinner, and Andy made it home early to help out with Carsten and have some special family time. Our menu was: pork chops, stuffing, jello, butternut squash, and fresh bread. Carsten and I made some pumpkin pie cupcakes for dessert, which were actually very good even though I didn't have the correct spices. We definitely missed seeing our families for Thanksgiving - we'll see about next year! :) Here's some photos of our Thanksgiving celebration:

American treats!!! 
The meal. :)
My boys. Please note our awesome patio table Thanksgiving here :).
Pumpkin pie cupcakes!
A couple of days after our family Thanksgiving, we also celebrated Thanksgiving with our good friends Kai and Vanessa. We had an amazing time hanging out with our friends and Carsten loved playing with their daughter, Eleanor. As a special treat, our meal was catered to give the pregnant ladies a break :). The food was great and the company was amazing - definitely a must for Thanksgiving :). Thanks for such a great Thanksgiving celebration Kai and Vanessa! Here's a couple of photos:

Kai is getting the food ready!
Andy is reading the kiddos a story in German. Eleanor may have been correcting him occasionally :).
The amazing food.
Wonderful friends :).

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to celebrate - and getting together with friends is always a special time!! :o)

    ReplyDelete