Thursday, November 29, 2012

A date!!

Our friend Ann, who lives in Egg and is from Nebraska, watched Carsten for us on Saturday afternoon so Andy and I could go on a date to Zurich and watch the new James Bond movie. This was such a special treat for us because it's very rare for us to find someone to watch Carsten here. We appreciated her gift of time and it was very special for us because actual dates 'on the town' are quite rare. Carsten also loves playing with Ann, so it was nice to leave him in such capable hands. Andy and I took in the Christmas market in Zurich at Bellevue and had a berliner (jelly donut/pastry) and gluwien (hot, spiced wine) before we headed in to the movie. The movie was quite good and we even treated ourselves to popcorn :). I loved having the opportunity to spend time with just Andy and it was fun to spend some time in Zurich Carsten-free. Also on a side note, I met Andy for the first time 10 years ago approximately to this date - who knew that I'd marry him and move to Switzerland within 10 years! :) Here's a photo of Andy at the Christmas market:

My handsome hubby :).

1 comment: