Now that we've lived so far away from home for so long it's always a special treat to make it to a special family event. We had the opportunity to be with my Mom on her birthday. And even better, both she and my dad had the day off since Mom had conferences that week. Dad graciously watched Carsten for the afternoon while Mom and I went shopping in Sioux City. Mom and I had a lot of success finding her new clothes, and it was fun to have some one-on-one time with her without Carsten around. Dad and Carsten met us at Archie's in Le Mars, which is a terrific steakhouse. In fact, it's so terrific that even my well-done steak (thank you pregnancy!) was still AMAZING. I loved having such a special day with everyone and I know Carsten had a great time with Grandpa :). Here's a couple of photos from Archie's:
 |
| My wonderful parents. |
 |
| My cheesy son :). |
Sounds like your whole trip was wonderful - so glad you guys were able to do so much and see so many people.
ReplyDelete