I apologize that this post won't be as in-depth as I would like for a week spent in Holland. I honestly could have written a post about each day since we did so much, but as I'm running short on time for the blog, this must suffice. We of course saw a ton of family and too few friends since we always seemed a bit short on time.
We spent a great deal of time playing with Carsten's cousins at Mom and Dad Huisman's house. They have a terrific basement with lovely toys for the kids to all play in. I think Carsten loved it, and I enjoyed watching all four kids interact. They also got to play on the tricycles and go to the park together. It was so fun to watch and I can't wait to see them all together again next summer. Here's some photos of cousin time:
 |
| Playing in the basement. |
 |
| Tricycle time! Carsten didn't quite get how to work the pedals, but he scooted around just fine :). |
 |
| All four kids together! |
 |
| Best way to get them ALL to sit still: have Grandpa mow the lawn. |
 |
| LOVE this photo of Carsten swinging at the park. |
 |
| Snack time! |
 |
| So much fun to see them grow up together! |
Carsten also got to see Aunt Barb who brought one of her super nice border collies to play with Carsten. Carsten even got to throw Bryte a frisbee and being the amazing dog that she is, she waited until he threw it a couple feet and then retrieved it. What a good sport! Here's a couple of photos:
 |
| Carsten, Aunt Barb, and Bryte. |
 |
| Carsten petting the puppy. |
All the Huisman's in Zeeland took off on Thursday to go to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, which was an amazing air museum with some fun rides in it. It was all indoors, so the fact that it was a cold day didn't matter at all! Carsten was a little unsure of the rides, but as long as he could hold my hand he was fine and even enjoyed himself. We all enjoyed seeing all of the planes, and as always when you have little kids I would have enjoyed reading a little bit more about the individual planes. Oh well :). It was a super fun day to spend with family, and we will have to go back next summer with Andy who will appreciate the airplanes so much more than I did :). Here's a few photos:
 |
| Getting ready to ride the airplanes! |
 |
| Getting ready to ride the hot air baloons! |
 |
| We found a helicopter! |
 |
| Zachary and Carsten driving the helicopter! |
 |
| Sitting in a cockpit playing with the buttons. |
 |
| Blue Angels cockpit :). |
 |
| Carsten's first 4D movie! And first movie in a theatre as well. He seemed to enjoy it although he wouldn't leave the glasses on. |
We also got to see Uncle Luke quite a bit :). We played at Kollen Park which was extremely wet, and also got to play marble works which Luke and I enjoyed putting together immensely. I think Carsten was only mildly interested :). We also got to go out to eat twice with Luke which is a rare treat for us! Here's a few photos:
 |
| Kollen Park was kind of like a splash pad. |
 |
| Carsten got quite wet despite our best efforts. |
 |
| Marble works! |
 |
| We are totally getting something like this soon. For Andy and I. Not for Carsten. |
We loved seeing all of our Huisman family plus Luke and we're anxious to get back to Holland next summer and see everyone again :). Miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment