Thursday, November 22, 2012

Last flight to Zurich

Well, this was our last planned flight to Zurich for a while, and to be honest, it went really well. Carsten slept for 3 hrs on the flight (a new record!) and we had a non-stop from Chicago to Zurich which made the trip go much quicker than normal (we usually have to change planes on the East Coast). The only annoyance on the flight was that the guy in front of Carsten cranked his seat back the ENTIRE trip. Since this meant that there was less than an inch between his seat and Carsten's feet, I had to just let Carsten do whatever he wanted since there was no way I'd be able to prevent him from kicking or grabbing the guy's seat (usually I try to prevent this when there's a normal distance between the seats). I'm sure he was not a fan of us, but seriously, there was nothing I could do. Oh well :). Carsten did great though, and since Andy met us at the airport with our friend's car, it really couldn't have gone much smoother. Well, except for that 2 hr traffic jam in Chicago from downtown to O'Hare. But hey, we can't win 'em all. :)

Carsten recovered from jet-lag much faster than he has before as it only took about 3 nights to fully sleep through the night. In fact, I usually had to wake him up in the mornings so he wouldn't sleep in too much. Here's a photo of my sleepy buddy:

I woke him up about an hour after I took this photo. He was still in the same position :).

1 comment:

  1. Glad the last travels back to Switzerland went smoothly!! Now just one more big flight in just over a month :o)

    ReplyDelete