Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hoogeveen Vacation - June 15

We had planned for Carsten and I to stay home 1 day of the week, so we decided that Wednesday would be the best day. This enabled Carsten and I to get some rest and housework done while everyone else could take a slightly more travel intensive trip. The crew decided to go to Geneva so that way they could see all the major cities in Switzerland. Plus, Luke was really excited to see the large fountain in the lake there. I was in Geneva in 2003 for a college vb trip, so I think I can narrate the photos a bit :).

Ginormous fountain!
 
There's a sailboat right in front of the fountain for scale...
Reformation museum. John Calvin - woot! Apparently this was really cool - I didn't see this when I was there, but I'll have to go sometime!
View of Geneva from the church. 
John Calvin wannabe? :)
Clock in the flowerbed. The Swiss love their clocks :).

I think the crew had fun in Geneva and were glad that they went even though it meant 6+ hours on the train for the day. Go Hoogeveen's Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment