Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hoogeveen Vacation - June 13

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY to my parents! Without their marriage and love, I would not be currently writing you this blog post. My mom and dad are amazing parents who have sacrificed a lot for their children because of their amazing commitment and love for our family. I think they have both been great role-models for us and will continue to do so for their grandchildren. Thanks for being so great Mom and Dad!
Mom and Dad on their 30th anniversary :)
We spent the morning relaxing and getting a few things done, like laundry. The afternoon was more excited because we went to the Zurich Zoo! Andy and I have never been there, although it's been on the list of things to do for a while. And more importantly, this was Carsten's first time at a zoo, although, I think at times, he felt a bit like he was in a cage too for a couple of reasons: 1) we put him in his stroller and let him cry until he took a nap (yes, I was that parent pushing that poor crying baby), 2) after his nap we put him in our kangakid backpack, and 3) it started to rain, so we put a raincover on the backpack that kept him dry, which he tolerated but did not like. Even though we walked around in a downpour for the last part of the zoo, we still had fun. Here's a few photos from the zoo:

llamaface!
This bird was imitating me - pretty funny :)
Siblings and baby!
He really enjoyed getting to touch different plants.
Raincover 1: only covered his torso.
Raincover 2: covered the entire backpack and baby :).
Happy baby!
A bit soggy...
Enjoying the scenery :).
We went home and had some supper, and then after Carsten went to bed Ashley and Luke manned the fort while Mom, Dad, Andy, and I went out for dessert for our anniversaries. The desserts were pretty good except for Dad's, which was some lemon-lime liquor-ice cream thing. We took a couple of photos of our double date:




We had a great day and enjoyed Mom and Dad's anniversary. Thanks for celebrating it in Switzerland!

No comments:

Post a Comment