Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy 5 years, Andy!

Well, today is June 24, which means that 5 years ago, I married Andrew Huisman and became Natalie Huisman. I knew I was marrying an amazing man, but I didn't realize at that time, how truly amazing he is. Over the course of our 5 year marriage I have been astounded by his leadership, intelligence, compassion, generosity, understanding, support, and love for me. He is the absolute perfect husband for me, and I love living life at his side. And what's even more amazing to me is how well he's gotten to know me. I think it takes a truly special person to pay attention to me such that he knows me even better than I know myself. For example, the other week it was cold in our bedroom, which I LOVE, and I was telling Andy that 'I love it when it's cold because it reminds me of...', and before I could finish my sentence, he said with a smile on his face '...camping.' Which is exactly what I was going to say. Inflections and all. He knows me. I know him. And it's amazing. I love you Andy!

Just because I love pictures in our blog, here's us 5 years ago...

Just married!
First dance.
First silly photo... :)
Who would have thought on our wedding day that in 5 years we'd be living in Switzerland and would be the parents of a cute 9 month old Carsten... Makes me wonder what the next 5 years will hold :).

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! I remember your wedding, it was lovely :) Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete