Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Carsten is 5 months old today!

Who can believe that 5 months ago we got to find out what Carsten looked like and then we'd get to start our amazing journey as parents. :) I think today will be a day filled with remembrance for the last 5 months with him.

For example, I woke up this morning thinking about how fast he's going through his clothes. He started out in newborn size, which lasted about 3 weeks. Then 0-3 months size lasted until 2 months, and the 3-6 month size lasted until 4 months. He's now in his 6-9 month size, and I think he'll be out of that in another month. I know people always say they grown up fast, but really I think part of it is that he's growing like a weed... :)

Here's some photos that I've been going through as I walk down memory lane today...

Carsten's first day at home. It's hard to believe that we did our best to wake him up every 2-3 hours so he could eat...now we try everything just to keep him sleeping... :)
Carsten at 1 month! We thought he was big then, but oh my, how he's grown and changed!
Now at 5 months, he's our happy kid who loves tummy time and can now grab toys with easy whether his on his front, back, or side. We've seen him roll, but not with great frequency, so I'm sure this will change soon!
Carsten is already my little helper and helps me with laundry. However, it's not in the way you would usually expect. He helps me dirty the clean laundry by spitting up, so now he gets to hug a burp cloth when I'm doing laundry.
However, I do have to remember that even though he's growing up so fast, he's still our little baby and that I do get to carry him around and cuddle him for a little while longer... :)
We love our little Carsten and every day, yes, even the relatively bad days, we are so thankful that we get to be his parents.

4 comments:

  1. Awe. Thanks for this post! It's so easy to tell how great a mother you are by these memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect little 5 month celebration post!! He is the cutest little guy ever :o) And has such great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, great parents. Blessings to the three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie! I think this every time I see pics, but he's getting so big! I remember Colin playing in the laundry like that (in fact he did it yesterday...) Connor is less interested in playing in it, than pushing the basket around. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete