Now that Carsten has adjusted to the time-zone, which took about a week, he seems blissfully oblivious to all going-ons that don't involve sleeping, playing, and getting fed. He really enjoys walks, both in the stroller and the baby bjorn, so I try to make sure we get out of the house at least once a day in the afternoon. Fortunately, the weather has been absolutely beautiful, with most of the weather so far in the 40s and 50s and even when it's colder, it only gets to just below freezing. This means that we can go outside, unlike in the Midwest where sometimes temperatures are so cold that a couple of minutes of exposure really isnt' good for infants. Carsten has now spent a week in his new kinderbed, and we still do find him in interesting positions (arm/legs out of the crib bars). Last night he woke up at 10 pm (went to bed at 8) and was upset because he had rolled onto his tummy and had one arm stuck up to his shoulder in the bars. It's interesting that he rolled onto his tummy in his sleep because a) this is the second time that I'm aware that he's rolled in this direction and b) he hasn't rolled in any direction at all this last week. I know that he's strong enough to roll, he just really doens't seem interested in it, which to be honest, is fine with me. A few more days of a non-mobile child is still a welcome thought :).
At church, for whatever reason, people keep asking me what my baby girl's name is. This is not something that I would be a problem because I think I dress him sufficiently like a boy. However, this last Sunday I dressed him as boyishly as possible, and no one asked me if he was a girl, so that was nice :). Here's a picture!
![]() |
| Thanks to my Grandma Hoogeveen for this cute boyish outfit! |

Also helping us feel settled in: we finally have overhead lighting in Carsten's room and the living room. No more pointing a desk lamp at a wall for illumination (unless we want to make shadow puppets)!
ReplyDeleteHe looks like such a little man in that picture!!! It is my new favorite.
ReplyDeleteAlso.. super glad you're getting your son sloshed on a daily basis ;o)
Andy - shadow puppets are awesome!
People still do that with Connor occasionally :) It just means he's so cute, people think he's a girl. Though, I also try to dress them more boyishly afterwards! With the rolling, maybe he feels like he's mastered that technique and has moved on to something new. We'll have to work out a time this next weekend to talk, we managed to miss each other this past weekend :) ttyl!
ReplyDelete