1) The Swiss apparently do not have rocking chairs. What?! I asked some of the moms at the Moms and Tots group and they said the best thing to do was to go to Germany. Seriously?!
2) The Swiss do not have a lot of baby equipment that I was expecting, like a baby jumperoo. Additionally, sites like ebay.ch, which have baby jumperoos, (Ch is the abbreviation for Switzerland) do NOT ship to Switzerland. How is that possible? There is an amazon.de (for Deutsch), but they also do not ship to Switzerland. In fact, NO ONE ships to Switzerland due to their insanely high import taxes. Once again, I fear the solution is 'go to Germany'.
3) Yesterday, we went to the secondhand furniture shop in town (to see if they had a rocking chair), and what we found was an extremely overpriced fancy goodwill. A used chair (did not rock) was still 500 CHF (exchange ratio is about 1:1). Perhaps we don't know how things are priced, but 500 CHF will buy some pretty nice furniture from IKEA.
4) Ryan air, one of the really, really cheap airlines in Europe, does not fly in Switzerland. Again, seriously?
These things are definitely not deal breakers, but they are certainly annoying at times. It seems the Swiss are very protectionistic, which I knew but did not expect it to this extent.
Anyway, happy Thursday everyone!
I ship to Switzerland!! ;o) But I might have a hard time not shipping myself to come to see you!
ReplyDelete