We got up early to head to the airport because our flight left around 9 am. Fortunately, we didn't have to wake up Carsten because he also joined the get up early club, or perhaps a better way to say it is that we joined his get up early club :). It was a sunny morning, so I took a few photos out the window of our car as we drove to the airport:
 |
| bye bye land of the windmills! |
 |
| No one can call Iowa flat anymore. |
 |
| Pretty morning sun! |
The flight went really well and Carsten took a short nap on the plane. Andy headed to work directly after we landed, and the only part that wasn't smooth sailing was that there were really, really long lines to get train tickets. We thankfully got our tickets after about 30 min, and then went on our way back to Egg. Here's a couple of photos from our train ride back:
 |
| I think we wore her out... |
 |
| Carsten occasionally gets to watch Bob the Builder on my ipod. |
Once we got back to Egg, we put Carsten down for a nap. I was a bit worried that he wouldn't take one since he had a short nap on the plane in the morning, but he slept a couple of hours, which was sooo nice. It gave all of us a much needed break. What a fantastic vacation! :)
Carsten kept pushing the button that stopped the video. "Ut oh... ut oh... UT OH"
ReplyDeleteUgh Caleb does that on mine too! I hate it. I have to keep restarting it. But he just loves buttons!
ReplyDelete