Monday, November 7, 2011

The Newest Mrs. Donovan

One of the main reasons to come back in October, was that one of my best friends from college was getting married. I had the opportunity to be in her wedding, which was a lot of fun. It was so great to get all of us back together, and we had a lot of fun. Another terrific part of the wedding weekend for me was that Mom and Dad Huisman took care of Carsten, and I spent ~14 hours away from him (I saw him briefly, but I did not care for him really), which for me, was a luxury. It's amazing how relaxed I could be when I did not have to split my focus in 15 different directions when I'm caring for Carsten. Carsten had good reports from Mom and Dad, so hopefully that means he was a perfect angel :). Thanks Mom and Dad for watching him!  Here are some photos from the wedding weekend!

Kim, my rehearsal dinner date. Oh, and Jeffrey.
Roomies!
Sooooo fun!
Pretty flowers :).
Our dresses had pockets!
Corrie and I
My fav
Corrie's fav
First dance!
The wedding itself was fun, but I think the best part was the amazing dance. I've never been to a dance where the dance floor was full all night and typically there were more men than women dancing. Corrie and Ross also danced pretty much the entire time, which was amazing :). And man oh man, Ross and Corrie's respective fathers were both tearing up the dance floor. So fun!

4 comments:

  1. It was so wonderful to have you there to share in the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen moves like Ross and Corrie's dads'. Maybe they can mentor us?

    It was soooooo good to have you back in the states for a little while noogs!

    ReplyDelete