Thursday, May 19, 2011

Carsten eats cereal!

Carsten has been trying out a few finger foods lately like rice cakes, banana, cantaloupe, cauliflower, and now, Cheerios! Well, they aren't actually Cheerios, they are actually Nestle multi-grain something or other. But hey, close enough :). He likes playing with the food and eating the food, but as far as I can tell he doesn't yet grasp the concept of feeding himself. For now, he's perfectly content to play with food while I feed him. Hopefully he'll fix this soon. The only negative I have for finger foods is he seems to gag about twice during a snack. I'm pretty sure it's his gag reflex kicking in, but it sure makes me nervous about choking. Also in other good news, since the advent of finger foods he's started drinking small amounts out of the sippy cup without protest. He's even drank a few sips in a row! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Now you get to carry snacks everywhere you go... yummy!

    ReplyDelete