Friday, April 8, 2011

Carsten is 7 months!

So you've been getting to read a lot about our travels and our life, but what about the life of Carsten? What is he up to? Well, for the most part, he's a very happy boy. And he's 7 months old. Crazy how the time flies.

He's getting to try new foods every few days, and he's mastered carrots, peas, green beans, potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples, avocados, and bananas. He really seems to enjoy eating solid foods and even looks longingly at our food that we eat.

He's also becoming more mobile lately as he puts multiple rolls together (see picture sequence below), has been practicing sitting up which he can do for a few minutes at a time now, and he zooms around the house in his walker.

Starting at the other end of the blanket.
Roll onto back - check!
Roll onto tummy - check!
He reached Mommy at the end of the blanket! He did this all very quickly, and for the record, I think he wanted the camera.
He sits up! And enjoys it a lot. Andy's trying to imitate Carsten's big smile. Love this photo :).
In addition to all of these things, he now will get up on all fours and rock back and forth, which I think means that we could have forward motion soon. For the record, we are not ready for this, but I think he's getting close, so ready or not, here he comes! He also does the plank where only his hands and toes are touching the ground. What a kid! 
This is actually quite difficult if you try it yourself (you have to hold it!).
Crawling position, check!
We also get to see more of his personality every day. He loves being with people and he will smile at anyone across the room, which pretty much melts your heart. He's also started making a lot of different noises ('ma', 'ha', etc.) and he frequently sticks out his tongue. He also recently got his first cold, which I already blogged about. I think he's recently realized that he can interact with the people we skype with, which is pretty fun because he'll smile and look cute.

I'll leave you with some photos that I absolutely love.

Daddy-son moment. 
Happy baby! I just love the way his face lights up when he smiles.
Our baby boy.

4 comments:

  1. What a little sweetheart! The toothless smiles are so cute, though I'm sure he'll be getting teeth one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love him sooooo much!! Can't wait to cover his face with kisses this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute kid! A smile that lights up a room? Just like his mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he is starting to look so much like Andy!

    ReplyDelete