Needless to say, we ate well while Mom and Dad Huisman were around. And by ate well, I mean that we had good food, but mostly that we always had chocolate and desserts on hand which is something that I otherwise try to moderate since it does us more bad than good. One of the things we tried was called 'Osterch
üechli', which is a traditional Easter cake around here. Apparently our grocery store makes one of the best ones, so we picked up a few and then proceeded to make it better with strawberries and whipped cream. The cake itself had raisins and hints of almonds, and I can honestly say that I was glad that we had things to top it with :).
Mom and Dad also helped give me a break by playing with Carsten, and since I didn't have a lot of better things to do, I took some photos :).
 |
| Carsten likes paper. And I mostly mean, Carsten wants to eat paper. |
 |
| Carsten playing with his new toy from Kayt and Kurt. Thanks! |
 |
| We moved the futon from Carsten's room into the living room, and one of Carsten's new goals in life is to be under the futon. It may have to go back to his room... |
So the Wednesday before Munich, Mom and Dad Huisman went into Zurich to go see the churches in the old-town, and I think they had a lot of fun. Meanwhile, Andy was at work and I went to Mom's and Tots as usual at church in Zurich. Carsten and I came home after Mom's and Tots and proceeded to try to pack for Munich. Note to self: start packing more in advance next time as Andy and I spent the better part of the evening frantically trying to finish packing. And once again, Carsten had a large suitcase, and we had a small suitcase. Despite my best efforts, we unfortunately still had a lot of stuff. However, I will say that we did use most of the stuff we brought except for a few extra diapers, wipes, and clothes, so I think I did pack well even though it still seems like too much when you're lugging the suitcases around.
So, the next post will be Munich - day 1!
It's so funny that he wants to eat paper, and get under your futon :) I think Colin did those exact same things at that age. At least he probably can't hurt himself under there? I'm excited to hear about Munich! I need to get posting on my blog this evening, it's been a long time.
ReplyDelete