Saturday, April 9, 2011

More direct communication

This morning Carsten was playing on his playmat and got really excited when he saw me. I acknowledged him, and did not pick him up. Instead, I went into the kitchen briefly and came back. He had rolled out of his playmat and then kept rolling towards me. I sat down on the end of his blanket (maybe 5 feet from where he was) and said to myself 'let's see if it's me he actually wants'. He proceeded to roll quickly directly to me and ignored all the toys he rolled over. This isn't the first time he's rolled to me, but it was the farthest distance, and to me, one of the more direct 'Mommy, I want you so I'll come to you' moments. After he rolled to me, just to check that indeed he wanted me, I sat him up and tried to give him a toy. Instead of taking the toy he turned around and hugged my middle. So, apparently he wanted me. And indeed, he was hungry. We have now established he can get my attention in a way other than vocalizing (i.e., crying or complaining), which is crazy, but fun :).

In other news, I don't understand the theme of this pair of pajamas:
At first you think, jungle animals is the theme, but it isn't. Let me list the 'animals' on the pjs:

-ape
-lion
-turtle
-hippo
-walrus
-brown bear
-brachiosaurus (dinosaur with long neck)

Interesting, right? The list just gets more crazy, especially once you get to the 'extinct' dinosaur.

No comments:

Post a Comment