Saturday, March 12, 2011

Today = futon + baby walker

Today is Saturday, and I love Saturdays! It means that I get to hang out with both Andy and Carsten and since there's two of us wrangling the baby, things are easier to get done. So, today we built the futon that we got at IKEA a couple of weeks ago, and set it up in Carsten's bedroom, which is now completely done, so I'll post some pictures!

Our guest bed. It actually does have a real mattress, and there's even an empty dresser in the corner. So, come visit!
Carsten's diaper changing station/dresser.
Carsten's kinderbed!
Carsten! He LOVES looking at this. Thanks Aunt Shireen!
So, we might have had a bit of fun sticking the stuffed carrot in his mouth... He liked before we took this photo :).
So, after we set up the futon and had our morning fun with Carsten, we went to Zurich where we got a baby walker from the baby store. On our way back, we ended up having to get off the train early because there were protesters on the street. So, we enjoyed our walk back to our train station, which was somewhere in the vicinity of a mile walk, and I took the opportunity to take some photos.

We ran into some people in costume who were playing the steel drums. No joke. 
There are cows in random places, like this balcony. It reminds me a lot of Madison :).
We ran into some other people also playing the steel drums. Maybe it had something to do with Lent? Otherwise, I have no idea what they were doing. I should also mention that Carsten had fallen asleep prior to running into the drummers, and he actually stayed sleeping despite the loud ruckus. Amazing!
A Zurich street! This is a shopping area and is pedestrian only, which is really nice.
Andy carrying the baby walker. What a guy!
Grossmunster church. So pretty!
Fraumunster church. It's Reformed!
Carsten generally has a lot of fun on the train.
When we got home, Andy and I set up the walker!

Tah dah!
It's a hit! Thanks Grandpa and Grandma Hoogeveen for the long-awaited Christmas gift! We're definitely looking forward to trying it out more and more! :) And yes, I realize he only has one sock on. He pulled the other one off right before we put him in the walker.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics :) Glad you got something for him to walk around in.

    And also - I won't even kid about this - Caleb is wearing the same baseball outfit at this very moment (he has it in three sizes, this one is the 9 mo. and the only thing that is too big is the length of the sleeves :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cows a lot.

    And I miss the cow jumping over the moon ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too fun - also, I've got a picture of the exact same cow from my visit to Zurich.

    ReplyDelete