Friday, March 11, 2011

Our church & building

There have been some requests to see the outside of our apartment building. It's rather a rather ugly cement monstrosity, which I feel is a bit out of place among the cute Swiss houses. Sadly, there are quite a few cement apartment buildings, especially in Zurich.

This photo was taken a few weeks ago when we actually had snow . We actually haven't had much snow at all, which has been nice because we take Carsten out all the time, so it's easier without all the fluffy white stuff :). You can see our building is kind of a white/tan with blue trim. 
Our church, in contrast, is quite beautiful, and it reminds me of Dimnet Chapel at Hope.

In other news, Andy worked from home today, which was quite nice. And this afternoon, for the first time I've joined a gym in Egg. For the most part I've always had free access to a gym since I was a student at Hope and the UW. I'm excited to be able to work out, and in addition, the gym has daycare included in the price :). So it's good for me because I get exercise and a break, and Carsten gets some socialization with many, many other children. Hooray! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for exercise and a break! Hmm, that's almost worth looking into here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the church - can't wait to come visit it!!!

    ReplyDelete