On Saturday afternoon it was raining so Andy graciously offered to feed Carsten solid foods while I went to get some groceries (so we didn't have to take Carsten out in the rain). On my way to the store I found a bunch of children and adults dressed up for what appeared to be Halloween with girls in princess outfits and adults in very colorful costumes. Almost everyone had their faces painted as well. I had no idea why (and I still don't) they were all dressed up, but I called Andy and told him about it and we agreed that when I was on my way home, he'd meet me with Carsten so we could gawk and take a couple of photos. However, instead of finding them gathered in a group by the post office like on my way to the grocery store, I discovered that they were having a parade! Here's a photo of the parade:
Crazy costumes, right? They had about a 10 person back in the front and in the back and all the children were walking in between throwing paper confetti. There were a couple of police officers stopping traffic in the front and in the back of the parade. The weirdest part was this: there were virtually NO spectators for this unusual parade. Strange, right?
Later that afternoon at home, I was folding some laundry with Carsten close by in his walker. I found him 'helping' me by reaching out and grabbing the feet of his jammies that I had just folded. In fact, he did this to several of them, so we just had to take photos. :)
This one says to me 'who me?'
This one says to me 'Oh no! She caught me!'
And here, we put the jammies on his head and he thought it was fun :). This begins the part of the blog where we see what things we can put on his head (the rest are hats, don't worry!).
We got this cute Iowa hate from my Mom in honor of my Grandpa Ranschau, who is a farmer. It's still a bit big, but it is quite cute :).
Uncle Nate and Aunt Vicki graciously gave my cousin and I their outgrown boy clothes from Dane and Thor, and I think this is where we found this baseball cap :). Thanks Nate and Vicki! We spent some time this weekend sorting through 12 and 18 month clothes that we brought along since Carsten is now outgrowing his 9 month clothes.
All in all, a great weekend!
Oh, I found out this morning at the gym that it was their version of Halloween. :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like all Hope colors :)
ReplyDeleteI love love love these crazy parades and spectacles you guys have come across. Maybe you should bring them back with you to the states.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun! Every day is an adventure, isn't it?
ReplyDelete