Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pregnancy foods

**I wrote this very early on in the pregnancy. And it only happened once. Promise.**

I just ate melted gouda cheese and pickles rolled up into a tortilla. I'm not sure how it happened, but all the things were in the fridge and then suddenly I was eating it. And let me tell you, I enjoyed it. We're going to go with the excuse that my hormones made me do it.

**I have a natural weakness for cheese and salty foods, which pregnancy seems exacerbate.**

Along those lines, hamburgers with real cheddar (only 1 kind here), pickles, and ketchup is currently topping my list of foods that sound SUPER delicious ALL the time. I think we've already had it 4 times since I've been pregnant. And it's on the line-up for an evening this week too. Good thing Andy likes cheeseburgers :). I'm sure at this point you're noticing a pickle and cheese theme among the two meals I just mentioned. Cheese is normally one of my favorite foods, but I don't love pickles unless I'm pregnant. We're already on our 2nd jar of pickles. Go hormones!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED pickles when I was pregnant with Colin. Also, anything with vinegar: ketchup, Italian salad dressing, mayonnaise. I didn't notice many cravings with Connor for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. I love pickles and cheese anytime (and I'm definitely NOT pregnant). I support any and all crazy food choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder while we were visiting that we ate fondue and dipped pickles in the cheese... fortunately it was delicious!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete