I had my 12 week appointment for our munchkin on Sept 10. The appointment went very well; I got to see hands and feet as well as the heartbeat on the ultrasound, and all the tests show that the baby is healthy. The munchkin is 5 cm long, and appears to be doing very well :).
I've noticed that a couple things that are different between my Swiss pregnancy appointments vs. my US pregnancy appointments:
1) The doctor does the ultrasound during your appointment every time. This is amazing. I appreciate that I don't have to go to an extra appointment with a technician and then go back to the dr. for the results of the ultrasound. I also love it that I get to see the baby that many more times :). It's also nice to have the doctor doing everything as well - it just simplifies things.
2) My doctor here has never commented on my weight (lost or gained). I find this nice and relaxing.
3) The doctor usually runs on time or does the appointment earlier than expected. I love this. In the US, sometimes I'd have to wait 2+ hrs for my appointment to begin.
4) The doctor actually calls me with the results of blood tests, which is so nice!
So far, I'd have to say that I've very much enjoyed my Swiss medical care for the munchkin - I especially love all the ultrasounds! :)
Yippy that the munchkin has a great doctor caring for you!
ReplyDelete