Well, anyway, I was sick enough that I was laying down on the couch for 3 days straight, and Andy was wonderful in the way that he took care of Carsten and I. Carsten even got to have some Daddy time (went on walks and went to the 100 year Forchbahn train celebration). Unfortunately, Andy got what I had, but fortunately, it was when I was starting to feel a little better, so I could start taking over more duties with Carsten. I'd have to say that I've never been this sick for this long, and now after a full week, I'm finally feeling mostly normal. And after a week of being sick, I've lost ~9 lbs. Not a fun weight loss plan.
By some miracle, Carsten seems to have only gotten a touch of what we had and he has missed the worst part of our symptoms. Mostly he's been waking up once during the night, but then sleeping in a bit to make up for it. He still has a voracious appetite, which I take to be an excellent sign of his overall health.
So, if you have been wondering what we've been up to, please be assured that it has been absolutely nothing fun, and if we're going to have a weeklong staycation again, we'd like to all be healthy. Here's a photo that is representative of our week:
| being sick is no fun. |
| apparently Carsten did not enjoy himself as much as we thought he would... :) |
| Wedgie wars with burlap sacks. |
So glad you guys are finally feeling better!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd really... wedgie wars? Strange!