Monday, September 24, 2012

Megan and Luke came to Zurich!

Last week Thursday I had the privilege of meeting Megan Vivian and her boyfriend, Luke, at the Zurich airport. It was SO fun to get a Megan hug :). We took the train back to Zurich, secured their luggage in a locker, and then went on a walking tour of Zurich. We saw the three main churches, and I got them oriented to the town so they could spend the afternoon in Zurich while I took Carsten home for his nap. We met Andy for lunch, which consisted of brats of course, and we ate them by the lake since it was a nice day. Here's a few photos:
Megan and Luke in Zurich!
Notice Carsten going for the unsecured candle while we take this photo.
Carsten enjoyed playing in the churches :).
Megan and I!
After lunch, Andy headed back to work, I went back home with Carsten for naptime, and then Megan and Luke went on a lake cruise. After nap, Carsten and I were playing outside when Megan and Luke surprised us. They made it to Egg!! We then went on a walk to the church to see the relatively clear mountains, and then got fresh bread at the store for fondue which we had for supper. I could hardly tell that Megan and Luke were jet-lagged - they did great! Here are a few more photos:

walkway to the church in Egg
The Alps!
Carsten pointing out the Alps for us.
Megan and I with the Alps.
Megan and Luke and the Alps.
The following day we sent them to Lucerne and Mt. Rigi while we went about our normal day so that we could travel the next day with Carsten :).

1 comment:

  1. We had such a great time coming to Zurich to see you guys!! It was wonderful to have our own "local"... you know so much about the area and it was great learning about it :o) And that fondue was of course DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete