Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Stories from a hausmann Huisman

Today, Carsten and I spent the morning together while Natalie was at the doctor's office.  Here's a few little stories from the day:

"I'm hiding!" Carsten went into his room, sat under the desk, and announced "I'm hiding!"  Later in the day, when he was hiding, I said "Where's Carsten?" and got the reply "Not in here!"

"Ultimate wedgie, please!" We don't have a changing station anymore, so all diaper changes happen on the floor.  After a diaper change, I have Carsten stand up and give me a hug while I pull up his pants.  Lately, I have been pulling the pants up a little further than necessary (about 2 feet) and he seems to really enjoy it.  Today after a diaper change, Carsten asked me "ultimate wedgie, please!"  So I picked him up by his belt loops.  He seemed to really enjoy it - we did it several times and he was still asking for more...

"The big one!" We took a walk to the bakery this morning and bought a gipfeli (a.k.a. a croissant anywhere else in the world).  I split it in roughly half and asked him which part he wanted.  As far as I know I have never taught him to say this, but he immediately answered "the big one!"

2 comments: