Wednesday, December 19, 2012

One last visit to Egg

This morning we went to Egg to get Carsten's medical records from the pediatrician and drop off our tax forms at the Gemeindehaus.  Carsten was incredibly excited to ride the Forchbahn - ever since we moved to Zurich he asks to ride the "red train."

Once we got to Egg, Carsten started pulling me in the direction of our old apartment.  "Go home! Go home, daddy!" I tried to re-direct the situation "We're going to go this way - we have to go to the doctor's office."  Carsten was persistent: "Go home! Big Digger at home!"

I had to tell him that we didn't live there anymore.  Carsten has an amazing sad voice: "We don't live there anymore." Eyebrows furrowed, we walked to the doctor's office.  Carsten did a great job the rest of the morning, and had a great time riding to Forchbahn back to Zurich.  The ride seemed so long - I can't believe I used to do that almost every day!

1 comment: