Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Germany Road Trip - Day 3

Our first stop was the Deutches Museum, which is the largest science and technology museum in Europe (and perhaps the world?). We had gone there the year before with Andy's parents, and thought that it'd be a great thing to revisit with my parents, especially since Carsten would enjoy it more. On this visit, we discovered that there was a kids play area that Carsten could play in, and play he did. There was a water area, and I'm glad we had extra clothes along because we did need them - although the museum did have a dryer (which we did use) and extra clothes to borrow for those who didn't have an extra set. Carsten wasn't quite as impressed with the rest of the museum, but he did enjoy the space to run around. My favorite part was finding an early steam engine boat (parts of it were from Michigan!) named NATALIE. We had lunch at the museum cafeteria before heading home for naptime. Here's some photos:
Mom and Dad on the U-bahn
The Swiss Huismans on the U-bahn
Dad reading about the U-boat.
Carsten and Andy with a 'HELICOPTER!' I'm surprised we got him to look at the camera here.
The Natalie. 
A huge guitar in the play area.
A VERY wet Carsten. He was seriously dripping everywhere. I'm glad we had his rubber boots along.
Happy buddy in dry clothes!
During nap, Andy drove my parents to Schloss Nymphenburg where they went through the palace while Carsten was sleeping. After Carsten woke up, Andy took Carsten and I to the palace grounds where we met my parents. We enjoyed wandering around, and Carsten enjoyed the rocks in the paths. Andy and I had packed a picnic supper for all of us, which we enjoyed on a bench within the grounds. After that we tried to wear Carsten out by making him walk a bunch, and then we headed back for to the apartment for bedtime. Here's photos of Schloss Nymphenburg:
Schloss Nymphenburg has one of the longest facades. 
Pretty.
Andy and Carsten with the palace.
Andy was trying to text with my parents. I probably should have been taking care of Carsten instead of taking this photo. Sorry Andy!
'Look at that Daddy!'
'Duck duck!'
Mom had Carsten sliding on the railing. Pretty cute :).
Weight training.

3 comments:

  1. So much fun! Carsten is getting so big...I love the cheesy grin photo after he has dry clothes on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again wonderful pictures, Natalie! The scenic ones as well as the family shots!! I love experiencing your trip with you.

    The boat Natalie wasn't quite as amazing as the REAL Natalie, but very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to experience these things on an adult level, but also on a "duck and helicopter" level - simple joys:)

    ReplyDelete