Andy came home around 9 pm on Saturday night and thankfully, he was able to have Monday (Aug 1) off of work because it was Swiss National Day. Swiss National Day is similar to our 4th of July and people were shooting off fireworks (really impressive ones really) all day. It would have been really fun to fly over the country at about 10:30 pm when many sets were going at once (we think most of these were private ones?). We spent the day spending time as a family, cleaning the house, and getting some to-do items off our house list (a bit of baby proofing and hanging a few things up on the walls). The highlight of my day was when Andy took Carsten outside so I could clean the bedrooms in peace (having a baby who moves really makes sweeping hard :) ). Carsten really enjoyed his new outdoor toys (gardening set) and basically just sat in the grass and played, which is astonishing because he's usually ALWAYS on the move. It was the nicest day we've had in a few weeks since the last few weeks have been rain and 60 deg F, and is without a doubt the coldest July I've ever experienced. We tried to get Carsten to walk to me as I was talking photos, but he was having trouble keeping his balance in the grass with sandals on, so here's a few humorous photos:
 |
| Happy Baby :) |
 |
| Walk to Mommy! |
 |
| 'I'm walking!' |
 |
| Please notice his hair and face in this falling action shot... :) |
 |
| Try again! |
 |
| Again, please notice his beautiful hair :). |
 |
| Try #3, you can do it Carsten! |
 |
| Just kidding - this is mid-fall :). |
 |
| And, he bonked his head and is sad.... (poor guy). |
We put Cartsen in the sandbox outside our apartment for the first time (it's been too wet the last few weeks to do this). He seemed to like it pretty well. Here's some photos:
 |
| Carsten exploring the sand :). |
 |
| Of course, you must roll around in the sand to really get it in your overalls. |
 |
| Dirty baby feet! |
 |
| All in all, he enjoyed the sand box. :) |
Also, August 1st marked 8 years since Andy and I started dating! Woohooo! I'd like to note that about 5 days after we started dating, I went to Switzerland for 10 days on a volleyball trip, and now, 8 years later, we find ourselves living in Switzerland.... It's crazy how things work out :).
That sandbox looks more like a dirtbox or soilbox!! :o)
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the irony of being back in Switzerland after all this time. Congrats on 8 years! It's flown by!
Megan, it definitely contains more rocks than actual sand.... :)
ReplyDelete