Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stroller breakthrough!

Since Carsten has been about 6 months old, he has refused to fall asleep in his stroller. This is a little frustrating for me because if I want him to nap I have to put him in the moby wrap (it's too hot for this now) or be at home. Drumroll please: today he fell asleep in the stroller! Granted, we were almost home, but there it is, he can do it :).

We went to the pool today at about 11:00 am with another dad and his two year old daughter who we know through Andy's work. We started out playing in the kiddie pool and then after about 45 min we got some lunch at the pool restaurant. By the way, I've never paid so much for food in my life. A hamburger and fries were 14 CHF (which is ~$18). At least both the hamburger and fries were quite good :). Carsten also tried fries for the first time and really liked them as well (he kept making the sign for 'more'). After lunch Carsten was looking a little tired, but played quite nicely with me for another 30 min. He also really enjoyed the slide at the pool which connects an upper baby pool with a lower baby pool. He kept pulling me towards the stairs and so he got a lot of practice climbing up stairs today :). After about 30 min, he just wanted to be held, so we cuddled in a towel for a bit and then started getting on our way to head back up to the train. The pool is nicely located about 2 blocks from the train stop, but the one downside is that once you're nice and cooled off you have to push a 40+ lb stroller 2 blocks up a very steep hill to the train stop. Needless to say, I got quite warm :). We made our train with about 30 seconds to spare, so I'm glad I hustled up the hill. I left Carsten in his stroller on the train (usually he won't stand for it) since it was only a 15 min train ride. After a couple of minutes he started yawning and making his tired baby noises. And by the time we were 1 stop from home, he was sleeping. AMAZING! I was a little sad at that point that he was sleeping because I thought I'd have to wake him up to get him upstairs, but he kept sleeping as I got him off the train, pushed him up the hill, carried his stroller into our basement for storage, removed him from the stroller, hiked up 3 flights of stairs, opening our loud door, closed his blinds, and laid him down. This was truly amazing :). I think swimming tuckered him out, and he's already been sleeping for an hour now, so he's doing great! I'm excited if this has maybe turned over a new leaf for sleeping in his stroller because it will make things like going to the zoo a LOT easier :). Here's hoping!

1 comment: