We're finally starting to get our flat in order, so it's time to post pictures of where we live!
We took over our flat from one of Andy's co-workers, who also very generously sold us most of his furniture (couch, dining room table & chairs, dresser, wardrobe, and tv stand). This meant that we walked into a mostly furnished place and all we needed was a bed, shelves, dishes, and furniture for Carsten. And it also meant that we could sleep on the couches instead of the floor when we arrived :).
Ok, here we go!
-We live on the third floor of a four-story building, so when you open our door, to the left is our living area and to our right is a little nook where we're putting some shelves and the hallway to the bedrooms and bathroom is there as well. We should note that if you like anything in our flat, you can most likely find it at Ikea :). Oh, I should mention that we aren't done putting Carsten's bedroom together, so once we get there (by the end of the week), we'll post pictures of his room.
 |
Living room (you can see the dining room off to the right and the patio as well)
|
 |
Carsten's play area
 |
Living Room
 |
Dining Room
 |
Kitchen
 |
The other side of the kitchen has some nice cabinets and a broom closet. Also, the door at the end goes to the hallway with the bathroom and bedrooms, which is nice.
 |
| Hey, we found the fridge! (freezer is tiny cabinet below) |
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| Our new bed! We were sooo excited when this came :) |
 |
| Our wardrobe! Now all we need is a lion and a witch... |
 |
| Bathroom! |
 |
| The only closet. |
 |
| Our light fixtures will eventually be here... |
Thanks for the quick post of pics! It's great to see where you guys are living!
ReplyDeleteNote to self: 240 V hurts more than twice as much as 120 V. I can see why electricians say that 120 tickles now.
ReplyDeleteAndy, I'm sure your grandfather the electrician would agree! You need to be careful!!
ReplyDeleteIt's such a cute place - so modern and sheek looking!! Glad to see you brought your vases :o)
ReplyDeleteIt looks wonderful. You have done so much already! Careful with the science experiments Andy!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! Those dining room chairs are awesome.
ReplyDeleteAndy - I once completed the circuit between my converter, my hairdryer, and an Austrian 240 V circuit, so I feel your pain.
Love it! Thanks for sharing! Aunt Barb
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tour! The dining set is beautiful, but find something to cover the corners once Carsten starts walking. I don't know how many times Colin ran into our dining table, but it only has rounded wood edges so he was left with only bruises. And Andy, you turn off the electricity before you attach the lights!
ReplyDeleteLooks cute and cozy! Glad you are settling in nicely:) PS - I think if you go inside the wardrobe and close the door you'll find the lion and the witch:)
ReplyDeleteVery Cute Place! I'm super jealous! I forgot to ask you if Ruth Sofield helped you transition out there.
ReplyDeleteThat is a really nice apartment! I am glad that Andy's co workers have been helping out with furniture and stuff. Seems like you are settling in well :)
ReplyDelete